HTC is expected to unveil a single high-end device this year, HTC U12+. Press render for the flagship already leaks online shows a sneak peak towards design. HTC U12+ apparently leaks a couple of times in the past. A report from the Taiwanese media which familiar with HTC plan claims the device to be officially unveiled in early May.
HTC also wants to avoid competition with big names like Samsung, Huawei. Also, HTC planning to launch U12 life which is a mid-range device. This year HTC unveil two mid-ranger smartphone – Desire 12 and Desire 12 Plus.
HTC U12+ rumor specification
- 6 inch WQHD+ LCD display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 6GB RAM, 64GB to 128GB storage, Expandable via MicroSD
- Dual rear camera – 16MP with a 12MP secondary sensor
- Dual front camera – 8MP with an 8MP secondary sensor
- Rear fingerprint scanner
- 3420mah battery
- Android Oreo 8.0