Apart from Huawei P20 and P20 Pro, Huawei also announced Porsche Design Mate RS smartphone. It is the tradition of Huawei to bring Porsche design to every flagship it launched. The Mate RS has OLED FullView display with 84% screen-to-body ratio and no notch. It is one of a kind smartphone in the World. It supports Leica triple camera just like Huawei P20 Pro.
With this Huawei directly challenge Samsung and crafted a curved AMOLED display. The body is built of metal and glass and is exclusive to Homeland only.
Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS equipped with two fingerprint scanner – One is on the back while another one is IN-display. It is powered by same Kirin 970 processor. The Leica triple camera on Mate RS has 40MP RGB sensor with a 20MP monochrome sensor and 8MP telephone lens with f/1.8, f/1.6 and f/2.4 wide aperture has Laser focus, deep focus, PDAF, Huawei AIS (Huawei AI Image Stabilization) and 5x Optical Zoom.
Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design Specification
- 6-inch Quad HD+ OLED display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 2880 X 1440p resolution
- Octa Core HiSilicon Kirin 970 10nm Processor
- Triple rear camera – 40MP RGB sensor with a 20MP monochrome sensor and 8MP Telephoto Lens
- 24MP front-facing camera with AI beautification
- 6GB RAM, 256GB/512GB internal storage
- Dual SIM
- IN-display and rear Fingerprint scanner
- 4000mah battery with fast charging, Qi Wireless charging
- EMUI 8.1 based Android Oreo 8.1
The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS has two variant with the same RAM but different internal storage capacity. One has 256GB internal storage while other has 512GB storage. The smartphone will roll out from April 12.
Huawei Mate RS comes in traditional Black and Red color. It is available 1695 Euros ($2100) for 256GB variant and 2095 Euros ($2597) for 512GB variant. A report is that Mate RS is exclusive to China only.