Xiaomi announced its subbrand under Gaming section with Black Shark smartphone. The phone is an entirely new device with best gaming performance. The phone includes a multi-stage integrated liquid cooling system which reduces CPU core temperature to 8 degrees when gaming. The fingerprint scanner on the front, when use, quickly access features like silent mode, DND and more when gaming.
Xiaomi Black Shark equipped with a dual rear camera setup – 12MP primary camera with f/1.75 aperture and 20MP secondary sensor with a f/1.75 aperture with 6P lens and Dual tone LED flash. The phone comes in two variants – 6GB RAM and 64GB storage and 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. There is no MicroSD card slot. There is no signal issue when holding the phone vertically and horizontally with X-style unique antenna design.
The Black Shark has dedicated image processing unit offering an intelligent motion compensation technology, dark scene detail processing for smooth video quality while gaming. The Gamepad can attach separately to Black Shark which is available free for first 50000 customers. The Gamepad has separate Shark button and owns 340mah battery. It can connect through Bluetooth.
Xiaomi Black Shark Specification
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ IPS display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 2160 X 1080p resolution
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB storage
- 12MP primary camera, 20MP secondary sensor, Dual tone LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2aperture
- Dual SIM, fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C
- Shark Key for high-performance gaming mode
- 4000mah battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Joy UI topped Android Oreo 8.1
Xiaomi Black Shark is available for pre-order from JD.com until April 20. It is available in Polar Night Black and Sky Gray color. The 6GB RAM costs CNY2999 ($477) and 8GB RAM variant costs CNY3499 ($557). The Black Shark GamePad sold separately for CNY179 ($28).