Xiaomi has just announced its latest flagship smartphone MI MIX 2S in Shanghai. It features a slightly tweaked design and most powerful Qualcomm flagship processor. The phone supports Google ARCore and has its own Virtual Assitant called Xiao A.I. MI MIX 2S is equipped with AMOLED edge-to-edge screen with 18:9 aspect ratio.
Xiaomi MI MIX 2S is equipped with a dual rear camera featuring a pair of a 12MP sensor – a Wide Angle Lens and Telephoto camera. The dual camera uses a Sony IMX363 sensor which features Optical Image Stabilization, Dual Pixel Auto Focus, Wide Angle Lens, Optical Zoom and 4K video recording. The secondary sensor is used for AI portraits and AI scene recognition which can detect 205 types of scenes.
Xiaomi MI MIX 2S specification
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 2160 X 1080p resolution
- 2.8 GHz Octa Core 64 bit Snapdragon 845 processor
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide angle lens, a 12MP secondary camera with 46mm telephoto lens, 2X zoom
- 5MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- 6GB/8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB storage, Expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM, Fingerprint Scanner, NFC, Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- 3400mah Battery with 7.5W Qi Wireless charging
- MIUI 9 based Android Oreo 8.1
Xiaomi directly compared its flagship to Apple tenth anniversary iPhone X. Xiaomi says MI MIX 2S take better pictures and runs longer on Single Charge.
MI MIX 2S is available in Ceramic Black and Ceramic White Color. It is priced at 3299 yuan ($527) for 6GB and 64GB variant, 3599 yuan ($575) for 128GB variant. The top variant has 8GB RAM and 256GB storage and is priced at 3999 yuan ($639) which also comes with wireless charger worth 99 yuan ($16).
The MI MIX 2S to go on sale in China from April 3 and available for order starting today.